How to Disinfect Your Car During Coronavirus (Covid-19)
The COVID-19 pandemic, also known as the coronavirus pandemic, is caused by severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS‑CoV‑2).
Authorities in 214 countries and territories have reported about 8.3 million Covid‑19 cases and 446,000 deaths since China reported its first cases to the World Health Organization (WHO) in December.
Due to this very contagious virus, we need to disinfect most of the objects and surfaces we constantly use to keep our loved ones and ourselves safe.
The Covid-19 can survive for as long as 72 hours on surfaces made of plastic and metal, which are found in almost all vehicles. Our cars are our prime medium of commutation, so it becomes all the more important for us to keep them disinfected in an attempt to increase the chances to contain the contagious coronavirus.
How To Keep Your Car Disinfected During Covid-19 Pandemic
Something really important to take into consideration is avoiding damage to your car’s interiors. At Y&L Auto Glass, we recommend following these steps to disinfect your car:
Put special focus on the surfaces you touch. Try to hit all the buttons and switches, the rearview mirror, and the gas cap.
- Clean the car door handles, keys, steering wheel, dashboard, cup holders, windows A/C vents, and gear shift with a sanitizer containing at least 70% alcohol. We highly recommend Soap because it will destroy germs, including the coronavirus. We need to make sure to lather it plenty.
- Clean the car roof, floor, and seats using a vacuum cleaner. If you are in a hurry, you can use a sanitizer containing at least 70% alcohol.
- Use soap and water wipes for cleaning leather parts.
- Do not use bleach or bleach-based products as they can damage your car’s interiors. Also, avoid using disinfectants containing hydrogen peroxide.
Products we recommend to keep handy to prevent transmission:
- A box of tissues
- A hand sanitizer that contains at least 70% alcohol
- Sanitary wipes or spray
- Air purifier
At Y&L Auto Glass, we are keeping our people and our customers safe:
- We’ve increased the frequency of cleaning and sanitizing our technicians’ vehicles, our shops and our office locations.
- We are providing access to sanitizing wipes and alcohol gel wherever possible.
- Technicians are greeting customers from a social distance with a smile instead of a handshake.
- As always, we encourage our associates to wash their hands frequently, refrain from touching their faces and to stay home if they aren’t feeling well.
- If associates have recently traveled to a high-risk area of the world or been exposed to someone who has, we are asking them to self-quarantine for 14 days, as recommended by the CDC.
- We have instituted strict international and domestic travel policies and postponed large in-person meetings.
- We continue to update our associates across the country on procedures to help stop the spread of germs.
At Y&L Auto Glass We will continue to monitor the situation closely to keep you and our associates safe. You can schedule or change your appointment at YLAUTOGLASS.COM. We provide Free Quotes and you can always drop us a line at (833) 954-5277.