STEPS TO REMOVE AND REPLACE AN AUTO WINDSHIELD
How to Replace an Auto windshield
When it is time to replace your auto windshield, it becomes a headache because of the time we need to dedicate to it, as well as other inconveniences such as the fear of having an auto windshield in bad conditions. We have good news for you: replacing an auto windshield is not as difficult as you think and it doesn’t take much time to do with the right tools.
The following is a step-by-step tutorial for removing and replacing your auto windshieldTools needed.
In Y & L Auto Glass, safety is first. We highly recommend the use of personal safety equipment, such as gloves and safety glasses. We also must have the necessary tools: socket wrenches, sealable plastic bag or small container, pry bar, silicone putty lubricant, a knife, a handle with two suction cups, and a pry bar.
Steps to Remove the Windshield
1. Protect your hood so that no damage occurs. The windshield is large, so it’s necessary for 2 or more people to manipulate it to make sure that you don’t scratch the hood in the process.
2. Remove the windshield wipers with the socket wrench. Keep the hardware in the plastic bag or container.
3. Locate the clips around the molding, then remove and discard them. After that, use the lubricant to cover the perimeter so the windshield will easily slide out.
4. Use the pry bar to pull away the molding and weather-stripping. Place the suction cups on the windshield to attach the bar.
5. With one person in the driver’s seat pushing the windshield with his or her feet and one pulling on the bar, the windshield should easily pop out. Try to put all of the pressure on areas of the windshield away from the damage.
In Y & L Auto Glass, we recommend installing the new windshield with a professional. Remember that your insurance company may cover the auto windshield replacement or repair. We provide a Free Quote with your insurance company and we offer a $100.00 Cash Back with your windshield replacement at no cost to you through comprehensive Florida insurance.
Steps to Replace an Auto Windshield
1. Before working, clean the dust off the new windshield.
2. Make sure to completely remove the old urethane sealer from the frame.
3. Apply a urethane primer to the windshield and window socket. Leave the primer to dry.
4. Install windshield clips.
5. Apply urethane to the window socket.
6. Put the windshield into place quickly before the urethane dries out. Push it gently but firmly into the window once you have it in place.
7. Wipe off the excess urethane.8. Replace your weather sealant and any decorative molding.
How Long The Replacement Will Take?
You do not have to worry about the time, we are experts. Auto windshield replacements usually take no more than 1 hour. In Y & L Auto Glass, most auto windshield replacements take 30 minutes.