How to ensure that your windshield has been properly installed?
A vehicle’s windshield is a crucial part that not only protects the driver and the passengers but also provides complete structural support for the vehicle. Windshields are known to protect the inside of your vehicle by stopping bugs, rocks and any external elements that can get into the car. It is also most likely to protect you (the driver) and any passenger from serious injuries during an accident. Windshields that aren’t installed correctly put your and your loved ones’ safety at risk. The windshield helps maintain the integrity of your vehicle’s frame and prevents roof collapse in the event of an accident. This is why it is very important to ensure that windshields are installed correctly.
The following are some tips to check that your windshield has been properly installed:
- Perfect fit – If your new windshield pokes out noticeably and doesn’t sit smoothly within the frame, it means the technician didn’t choose the right windshield for your vehicle.
- Correct installation – Take a look at your windshield replacement and look for gaps or bubbles in the seal around it. Make sure that the installation technician properly installed your windshield gasket.
- Warranty – A certified and legitimate auto glass provides a warranty. Find out what to do if you have problems with your installation at Y & L Auto Glass. Our technicians will provide you with a receipt and paperwork on your new windshield install when the installation is complete. Learn more about our lifetime warranty here.
- The right adhesive – Check that the auto-glass shop you chose uses Urethane, a high-quality adhesive that holds 600lb per square inch and will ensure your safety.
- Noise – When driving your car, listen carefully for any air noise around the install. You shouldn’t listen to any particular noise if the installation has been done properly.
Once the windshield is installed, there are a few things you should and shouldn’t do to avoid ruining the results of your glass replacement. For example, to avoid damaging the seal, you have to wait to wash your car for at least 24 hours and keep at least one window a little bit open to prevent building pressure inside of the vehicle. This pressure could blow a hole in the seal, resulting in air and water leaks.
You don’t have to worry about your windshield replacement. We provide a lifetime warranty and we have the best certified technicians. If your vehicle’s windshield or windows are in need of repair or replacement, call Y&L Auto Glass at (833) 954 5277. Contact us for more information – we’ll be glad to hear from you!