How to Change your Wipers
Unable to see the road when it’s the rainy season?
Having efficient wipers is a priority while driving in order to have a clear visibility on the road.
When is it time to replace your wipers?
It’s a common mistake to wait too long to replace your wipers. Wipers are a necessary safety feature for any car. You should change your wipers every six months, especially if you park outside without any shade that covers your vehicle from the sun.
Wipers don’t last forever – they need replacing every few years. The rubber blades dry out over time due to use, rain and sunlight. If they don’t clean effectively, it’s time to replace them. After all, you need to keep your windshield crystal clear.
Here are some things to look out for to know when it’s time to replace them:
- Squeaky sounds
- Streaking water
- Leaving a milky film when wiping
- Making noises when you use them
Steps to change your windshield wipers
- First things, first; measuring your wipers. Wipers come in different sizes depending on your windshield style. Double-check that you bought the proper size by measuring them.
- Remove the old wipers carefully. Make sure to take a look at how they are installed to remove them properly.
- Time to put in the new ones. After you have chosen the correct wipers, attach them.
- The final step is to test the new wipers. Make sure that you have enough water before you test them.
How to find the correct wipers
There is an exact model for each type of car. Ensure that you check the year, make, model, and further specifications of your vehicle.
Y & L Auto Glass
Keeping up to date with your windshield wipers’ maintenance is the key to extending the life of your windshield. A set of damaged wipers can scratch up a windshield and result in needing a repair or even a replacement.
It’s recommended to change your wipers once every six months or so. It’s important to always keep your eyes on the wipers to make sure they’re in good condition. Having a clean windshield is your main priority. Otherwise, you’ll start suffering from visibility issues and possibly even see scratches appear on your windshield.
If your windshield or any of your auto glass has a chip or scratch, it’s important to get it looked at as soon as possible. We offer mobile service and we’ll be happy to assist you.